Menu Relationship issues
Rights and responsibilities in unmarried couples

Hello All! I will give birth in July 22 and the relationship with my partner is not great at the moment. I am trying hard to make it work but this cannot be one sided. We are not married so in case we split up what do you recommend to make sure that I will have financial support from him?

I have read that it would be important to:

  • make a statutory declaration acknowledging that he is the father
  • Present a parental responsibility agreement at the register office

1. Are both the declaration and agreement have the same legal power?
2. Where do I find those documentations?

Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated as this is totally new to me. Many thanks in advance for any help. Valeria

Comments 0