All parents have disagreements. How you handle these can make a big difference to your relationship. When you and your partner argue, it can be harmful or helpful.
This video shows some examples of harmful arguing. Have a look at these questions as you think about how you and your partner argue.
• What harmful things do you say or do?
• How do you think that makes your partner feel?
• What do they do in response?
• How does that make you feel?
• How do you think this make your baby feel?
• What happens next?
Why do arguments happen?
- What are your logs? What are the things you and your partner argue about the most?
- What is your match? What usually starts an argument?
- How do you add fuel to the fire? What do you each do that makes it worse?
- What’s in your watering can? What can you do help calm things down?